What should I do if the BOE auditor seems overly aggressive?


If you’re dealing with an auditor who’s overly aggressive, probably the best thing to do would be to hire a consultant – a sales tax expert to help you. You generally as a taxpayer aren’t aware of what your rights are during an audit and an auditor could violate your rights and you wouldn’t know when your rights are being violated and when they’re not. And the auditor is not going to help you with that. So it would really be advisable to hire an expert who understands your rights as a taxpayer, what auditors can and can’t do, to help make sure that they don’t overstep their bounds.

Looking for Experienced Sales and Use Tax Consultants?